INSTRUCTIONS FOR INITIAL PARAMEDIC APPLICANTS
To be accredited as a Paramedic by Sacramento County the applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older and submit the following:
- Visit https://actonline.saccounty.net and register as a new user. Once the account is established, log in and apply for accreditation. Online application instructions found here.
- Provide evidence of a current California Paramedic License.
- Government issued photo identification (i.e. Driver's license, Passport or Military ID).
- Copy (front and back) of a valid American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider, American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR card or equivalent.
- Copy (front and back) of a valid American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) card or equivalent.
- Copy (front and back) of a valid American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for Prehospital (PEPP) card or equivalent.
- Have your employment verified by your chosen employer (an email will be sent to your employer in which they need to respond to in order to verify your current employment).
- A “passport style" color photo of yourself. One can be taken for you in the office during counter hours if needed.
- Pay the required fees.
*Once the above has been submitted, you will receive an email from Sacramento County confirming your application has been received and that you have been scheduled for Paramedic Orientation. Once you have attended orientation, your application will be completed and you will be issued a Sacramento County Accreditation Card. If you need assistance completing your application, please bring all documentation to our office during counter hours and we will assist you.
**Paramedic Orientation is the first Friday of every month. In order to attend orientation, your application must be submitted and processed NO LATER than the Thursday before orientation by 12:00pm (noon). Class sizes are limited to 25 people. Please register early and call the office if you have any issues with the online application process.
Cost for Initial Paramedic Accreditation
- $93.09 SCEMSA application fee (Non-refundable)
- $30.00 Expedited Processing fee (if requested)
Fees may be paid by credit card online or with exact cash at the SCEMSA office.
Additional Information Required and Forms for Paramedic Accreditation/Reaccreditation: