INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMR CERTIFICATION RENEWAL - CURRENT EMRs OR LAPSE OF LESS THAN SIX (6) MONTHS
EMR renewal requirements may be completed six (6) months prior to the current certification expiration date. To renew certification as an EMR in Sacramento County, the applicant must complete and submit the following:
Go online at https://actonline.saccounty.net and apply. Online application instructions found here.
Upload the following:
- Twelve (12) hours of Continuing Education OR an approved EMR Refresher Course. Upload CE certificates to application.
- Skills competency verification form, with original signatures.
- Government issued photo identification.
- Current CPR for the Healthcare Provider card or equivalent.
- Current or expired Sacramento County EMR card
- Supplemental Certification Application (if prior convictions) and all documents that pertain to prior conviction(s)
- Pay the required fees.
If assistance is needed with the online process, bring all documents in person to:
County Emergency Medical Services Agency (SCEMSA)
Micron Avenue, Suite 960
We will assist with online registration/application and uploading documents.
Cost for EMR Renewal
- $40.00 SCEMSA application fee (Non-refundable)
- $30.00 Late fee (within 30 days of expiration)
- $30.00 Expedited Processing fee (if requested)
Fees may be paid by credit card online or with exact cash at the SCEMSA office.